The Union Pacific Roundhouse and Railyards Complex at 1440 Main St. lies just north of downtown Evanston. In addition to the 28-stall roundhouse, there are several other historic brick structures built between 1912 and 1913, including a 17,000 square foot machine shop and a large power plant that supplied electrical power to the complex. The buildings are being restored and refurbished for community use as an events and meeting center. A visitor's center tells the story of the complex and the people who worked there. For more information, call (307) 789-6320.